The adult outpatient team at Moultrie County Counseling focuses on assessment and intervention services using a short-term solution focused therapy model.
Domestic Violence Services
- A 26 week education which includes Dynamics of Domestic Violence, anger and stress management, and relapse prevention at a cost of $35 per session.
Depression and Bi-Polar Support Group
- Meets Mondays from 10:30-noon at the Counseling Center
Anger Management Counseling
- Individualized sessions with anger response reduction, stress reduction, and relapse prevention.
Live Well, Be Well Chronic Disease Self Management Program
- Research based, six week workshop to teach those living with chronic disease or those who care for someone with a chronic disease to reduce symptoms, lesson anxiety, and do more for one’s self
Senior Support Program
- This is a group of services designed especially to meet the needs of individuals 60 years and older.
- Individual Therapy focuses on what individuals want to achieve through therapy rather than on the problem(s) that made them seek help.
Typically, we focus on identifying issues or major concerns, problem-solving, and providing support to help you develop strategies to address your personal goals. Our aim is to help you cope with stressful situations that arise so that you can function successfully. The length of counseling varies, and the number and frequency of sessions are determined by each consumer’s unique situation.
Some problems can be addressed in one or two sessions, while others need a number of sessions spaced over a period of time.
Mental Health Case Management
- The Moultrie County Counseling Center Staff RN provides support for our clients with medical issues in conjunction with mental illness. Our staff nurse will provide assistance with medication box management, support to physician appointments and education for them regarding their co morbid illnesses.
- Facility-based rehabilitative skill-building services for individuals 18 years of age and older with serious mental illness or co-occurring psychiatric disabilities and addictions. The focus of treatment interventions includes skill building to facilitate independent living and adaptation, problem solving and coping skills development.
Psycho-Social Rehabilitation Services
- Group oriented activities to increase community functioning skills.
- Crisis services are provided on a walk-in or telephone utilization basis.
Walk-in services are provided in the office.
We accept private health insurance and Medicaid. In Network Insurance Plans:
United Health Care:Caterpillar, Railroad
Value Options EAP
Mid-State Tank EAP
Please contact us to determine if we accept your insurance if it is not listed above. Everyone's coverage is different depending on your plan so we always recommend that you call to find out what is covered under your specific insurance plan regarding mental health services.